Rumsey Map Center Anniversary Celebration Event
Schedule of talks:
- 13.00 - 14.00: Dr. Eric Sanderson - Why historical maps are essential to the future of cities: evidence from the Mannahatta Project. Dr. Sanderson is a Senior Conservation Ecologist at the Wildlife Conservation Society.
- 14.00-14.30: G. Salim Mohammed, MiraMaps - Mirador as a tool to study maps from global collections.
- 14.30-15.00: Break - Time to check out the exhibits and technology in the center.
- 15.45-16.30: Stace Maples - What’s in a Map (… and How Do I Get It Out)?: A demonstration of workflows for moving from a paper map to digital data.
- 15.00-15.45 pm: David Rumsey - New Tools on davidrumsey.com: Georeferencing maps
- 16.30-17.00: Open Hours - Time to check out exhibits and technology in the center.