Visit of the Pieter Pourbus. Master of Maps exhibition
- 10.00 - Arrival of participants in Groeningemuseum, Dijver 12, Brugge
- 10.30 - Lecture by Dr Jan Trachet (Ghent University). Context of the painted Pourbus map from the Brugse Vrije. Latest investigations on the painted map and other manuscript maps from Pourbus. Method of measurement and geometrical accuracy of the map. Modern investigations by georeferencing. Comparison between elements from the map with aerial photography, precision level measurements, archaeological fieldwork…
- 12.00 - Visit of the Pieter Pourbus. Master of Maps exhibition, Groeningemuseum.
- 13.00 - Lunch near the museum.
- 15.00 - Visit of Gruuthusemuseum with viewing of the cartographic and iconographic maps and paintings of Bruges and surrounding area.
- 16.00 - Visit in the City Hall on the first floor there is a new presentation of the evolution of the connection of Bruges with the sea. A model simulates the history of the region from Roman times to the present day. The change of the region before and after the creation of the Pourbus map is closely simulated.
Registration - Please register by mail before 1 March 2023 to email@example.com and mention if you participate to the lunch. Individual payment on the spot.
Price - Lecture and visit to museums free for Members. Non-Members: EUR 10.00 payable in advance to The Brussels Map Circle (BIMCC) account number IBAN BE52 0682 4754 2209 BIC GKCCBEBB.