12th ICA Conference on Digital Approaches to Cartographic Heritage–
The Conference is organised in thematic sessions dedicated to issues relevant to the subjects usually treated in the Conferences of the ICA Cartoheritage Commission, according to its Terms of Reference (2015-2019) and the topics treated by its Working Units:
- Digitisation - Georeference
- Content analysis in terms of geometry and thematics of cartodiversity1
- Landscape change studies based on map-archival sources
- Visualisation of Cartoheritage, including thematic portals
- Interconnection of cartographic archival sources, especially map and textual data
- Historical terrestrial and aerial photography, including photo-related post-cards and relevant material - cartographic parametrisation
- Cartoheritage web providing issues
- Interaction of cartoheritage with map and geoinformation curatorship of cartodiversity
- Development of cartoheritage as a cultural issue, within the context of GLAM2, addressed to education and to the general public
- Geographic affinities with Cartoheritage
- Cartoheritage and Digital Humanities
- Other relevant issues of Cartoheritage ecosystem
(1) Cartodiversity: manuscript and printed maps -loose and/or bound-, books with maps, map atlases, globes and related cartographic representations in 2D and 3D, depicted in a variety of supporting material like e.g. parchment, paper, wood or other writable/engravable media.
(2) GLAM: the acronym for Galleries, Libraries, Archives, Museums.