Mapping the Congo Basin
- 09.30 - Registration
- 09.45 - Welcome address and Maps by Filippo Pigafetta by Wouter Bracke
- 10.15 - Stanley’s maps of the Congo Basin by Mathilde Leduc
- 10.45 - Dragutin Lerman, Croatian cartographer in the service of Henry Morton Stanley by Mirela Altic
- 11.15 - Break
- 11.30 - Maps before and after the Berlin Conference by Rick Smit
- 12.00 - Capital and exploration: the Institut national de Géographie and the expedition of Josef Chavanne to Congo (1884) by Colin Dupont
- 12.30 - Albert Paulis. From Bahr el Ghazal to Belgian Congo in maps by Marc Dassier
- 13.00 - Closing remarks
Accompanying persons and non-Members are invited to pay EUR 20.00 on our bank account IBAN BE52 0682 4754 2209 | BIC: GKCCBEBB and to mention in the bank transfer 'Conference 2023' and the name of the person.
Registration If you would like to join this event please advice our Secretary Marie-Anne Dage.