Second International Workshop On the Origin and Evolution of Portolan Charts–
- The origin problem: when, where, how and why were the earliest portolan charts constructed?
- How did the portolan charts evolve over time?
- How were the medieval portolan charts used in navigation?
- The mutual influence between the medieval portolan charts and traditional maps of European and non-European origin.
- The role of multidisciplinary approaches to the research on portolan charts: cartometric methods of analysis, numerical modelling, multispectral analysis, analysis of inks, carbon dating, etc.
- Any other subject related to the study of the medieval portolan charts.
- Joaquim Alves Gaspar (Medea-Chart/CIUHCT)
- Tony Campbell (formerly British Library)
- Ana M. Nunes (Medea-Chart/CIUHCT)
Rua das Trinas, 49