The Brussels Map Circle 2019 Map Afternoon (MAPAF)
As a preview on the programme we can tell you that Luis Roblès will comment a facsimile of Laurent Fries's Carta Marina from 1530 and Jacques Mille will bring maps from France during the Revolution and the Empire period. Rick Smit is discussing a map (1921) about the Germans and the so-called Polish Corridor, a consequence of World War I. The contribution of Gérard Bouvin (Department of Maps and Plans of the Royal Library of Belgium) is about inventorying French and English Marine Maps from the collection of Philippe Vandermaelen.
Always an excellent occasion to learn more in a convival atmosphere. If you have the intention to show an item of your collection, please let it know to the organising team with an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are kindly invited at 12.00 to start the afternoon with a reception and sandwich lunch plus dessert. Please register for this exclusive event via our website.
- Public transport: Central Station and metro station Central Station / Centraal Station / Gare Centrale.
- Public parking: Interparking Albertine-Square.
- No entrance fee for members (reception and sandwich lunch offered by the Brussels Map Circle).
- Entrance fee for non-members : EUR 15.00 (catering included).
- Fees are to be prepaid on our bank account before the MAPAF : IBAN BE52 0682 4754 2209 BIC GKCCBEBB. No cash payments during the event please.